Saturday, May 3, 2008

Rain, rain, not again...

For some reasons after a LONG time... It RAINED! =) Well, I am supposed to be happy ain't I? But the thing here is... WRONG TIMING!

It started pouring at around 3 in the afternoon (GMT +8) and did it pour! It was really raining cats and dogs awhile ago.

Actually, my "timetable" has already been planned. After waking up at 12:58pm , I had the following "actions" arranged.

1. Play for 3 hours. 3 hours only because:
  • My mom limits my use of the computer to only 3 hours.
  • Counting 3 hours from 1:00pm, means I'll be finished by 4pm, and I have an engagement at 5, so leaving the house at around 4:15 - 4:20 (I need about 15minutes preparations, including all the unnecessary delays.) would just give me ample travel time.
2. Be prepared to leave the house AT LEAST by 4:30pm
3. Be at school/church (Its one and the same.) by 5pm to be on-time for rehearsal.

Apparently though, the rain got in the way. (Actually, I think I have to refer to it as a storm already.) It rained SO hard, that I can actually hear the rain drops hitting our roof! And since my mom was out with my sister (The latter had piano lessons so my mom had to bring her there.) and so I have to use public transport to get to school. Which included quite a lot of walking, so I had to wait for the rain to seize for me to actually be able to walk outside.

It stopped, but not completely, now the drops are really tiny, at around 4:20pm , so I had to rush my "before-going-out-preparations", and ended up ending at around 4:30pm. I went out, and I rode the PUJ (Public Utility Jeepney) and for some reasons, I sort of reached the train terminal at 5pm! I was like... "WHAT?!"

And so there, as expected... I was late. And to top that? My shorts really got dirty from all the mud.
(I left the house with a shirt, shorts and my slippers. And so since the rain left the roads muddy, my slippers kind of "sprinkled" mud on my shorts as I walked.) And my feet was no better.

*Sigh... What A Day!

But actually, I am some what thankful for that downpour. Well, since it was raining I got to "extend" the activity that I was currently engaged in, playing! Which resulted to some other things. Here's a list of things I thank God for sending the rain for. (Whoa! A lot of "for's"...LOL)
  1. I got to play some more!
  2. I knew I was going to be late despite my "timetable" and so the rain sort of provided a nice "excuse" for me. =)
  3. Since I got to play a bit more (Well, I was playing an MMORPG then BTW.) I was able to get to know one of my playmates better.
Lesson:
Things happen for a purpose, and things could really work out for you. You just have to learn to look at them from a different perspective.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. -Romans 8:28 (NKJV) "

Learn to be thankful for everything. And always face the day with a smile, and even start it in the same way. They say, the secret to a successful life, is all in "right attitude". So smile! =)

MMORPG - Massively Multi-player Online Role-Playing Game. Basically an RPG that's online and can be played by a lot of players/people.
*Check previous posts for description of RPG

PUJ (Public Utility Jeepney) - Most commonly known as "Jeepney" or "Jeep" . Its the most common public transport in the Phil. They were originally made from US Military Jeeps left over from WWII and are now well-known for their flamboyant decorations. They have also become a symbol of Philippine culture.

No comments: