Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Saint Communes 1

Yup, the Saint is finally doing what he should've done LONG AGO

Communing with Him who mattered most :)

So read on, and I hope that through OUR moments, He would also talk to you :) Commune is such a strong word after all <3

*******
After weeks of being lazy and plain bummed out. The Saint finally decided to catch up with Him up there.

To be honest? I was expecting a rebuke or something like that... But I guess He does know me all too well -- I'm such a big baby that being mad at me won't do me much good.

So here's what He gave me.

Revelations 21: 1-5

1. We are His betrothed wife.
Someone engaged to someone should only be with that someone they're bound to -- no turning left nor right. Lately, I have completely lost track of this status of mine. After reading those five verses, that was the first thing that jumped at me. The word "bride" just burned through my mind. No turning back when I made a commitment to be a Saint, and now what on earth am I thinking forgetting my vows?? I am His bride, and I should not forget that; my actions should reflect that, and my heart should confirm that. See how loving He is? Even in the midst of me wandering off, he reminds me of my status in Him!


2. He is with US.
He did say that He will never leave us nor forsake us. (Heb. 13:5) This does not mean that the roads ahead will be smooth, nor does it mean that there will no longer be difficult decisions... BUT His presence will always be with us. Things may never be easy, but I guess things became tougher for me, simply because I forgot the only survival guide I had -- HIM. I may be torn, I may be wandering, I may be disoriented; but He still is with me.


3. He has my pain.
He does not send His soldiers into battle like a chess player plays with his/her pawns. He knows our pains, He knows my pain. My tears don't flow unnoticed, whether they be from my eyes, or from my heart. (Ps. 56:8) As if His presence wasn't enough? He had to add the fact that He did have every pain that I have ever felt in His heart. Nothing I go through I go through alone, He goes with me, and He feels for me.


4. He'll make all things new.
He created everything, and He can remake them. I'm living a new life the moment I acknowledged the cross and what its worth. He made things new then, He can also make things new now. I just have to let go and, SERIOUSLY, LET GOD. Also? I'm living a new life here, and its scary, but that doesn't mean this life won't be like the one He directed for me back in the Philippines. It's still the same God, just a different country.


5. There is hope for a future.
This is Revelations after all, and the passage IS talking about the new heaven and new earth. Literally, that means there IS more to come. This Saint has to stop stressing himself out on stuff of this world, it's not where my heart should be. This world, this life, these problems? They're all temporary. Something's bigger out there waiting for us! Soon we'll be home! :)

*******

His grace is just SO great. These promises remind us of the status we have -- we are Citizens of Heaven. That should be more than enough to go through a busy life right?

After days of going astray, He welcomes me back with promises! I guess, I'm the only one who can't truly forgive myself -- even after the King Himself has moved my sins away from me.

His love is just too great! Bask in it :)

No comments: