Friday, August 12, 2011

The Saint Communes 2

The Saint does it again :)

I feel like I'm just doing enough to get by though, someone once told me I do "fast-food" instead of "dinning." I want to change that, but I have no idea how to... Or maybe I just can't? I don't know. I'm trying.

So here it is again, what the Saint has heard from Him up above.

*******
1 Corinthians 10:23 - 11:1

So what's my reminder from Him for today?

IT'S ALL A MATTER OF HEART!

Heart? Yup, heart! Whatever you do, be it in front of others, for yourself, or what-not... It does not matter how it looks from the outside God is looking at the heart, the intention as to why it was done.

Sure sure, it is important to keep a good testimony, but testimony in itself is just a show if not from the heart.

After all, the Pharisees in Jesus's time had AMAZING testimonies when it comes to how Scripture based they were. Washing their hands before eating, eating only the things allowed in the first 5 books of the Old Testament, praying and fasting as often as it is required for them, and the likes. As far as laws are concerned? I'd say they have AMAZING testimonies!

But we all know what Jesus called them...
HYPOCRITES (Matt. 6)

Their hearts were only set on one thing PLEASING themselves and EVERYONE around them. If the Grammy's were back in their time? They'd always have Best Actor bagged! Everything they did was just a performance. There was no heart to it.

It is important to obey God's word, even Jesus emphasized this. (Matt. 7:21) But who can say if someone has really, REALLY done God's will?

Only Him who searches the heart! (And of course, only Him whose will is the one to be done!)

Jeremiah 17:10 has that in clear black and white He looks at the heart!

He wants us all, to PLEASE Him. After all, we are Saints are we not? (1 Cor. 1:1-3) And that is what we are called to do!

Now if I were to enumerate the reasons why we have to? It will take all eternity for me to write this, and another for you to finish reading it. So let's stick to the passage, what does it say about glorifying Him?

FOR OTHERS TO SEE HIM THROUGH US!

That's what we are, His glory reflectors. For those driving in the dark to see where they're supposed to go; and for those already going where they should, to be able to stay on the right track.

St. Paul tells us to follow him as he follows Him (Christ). Its a call for us to (1)of course, imitate his ways; and (2) to challenge us to be able to say the same someday! For us to be able to lead others to follow Him, and not to stumble...

*******
I guess He really is still reminding me of the status that I now have; which I may have neglected.

And by the looks of things? He's slowly reminding me of the things I have to do.

Now I really feel like the prodigal son (Luk. 15: 11-31).

After wandering off, when he got home, he was welcomed with love and much expectancy!

BUT, I'm pretty sure, he's not the "newly-returned-son" for longer than a week (okay, given that it's back in Jesus's time, maybe a month?). So what happens after that week?

Everyone is still happy he's finally around, but that doesn't mean people will be waiting on him hand and foot like when he just got home from a very, very bad choice. I'm pretty sure, after the celebrations were over, he starts to become a son again. Yes, all the love and affection of the father are still there; but, his responsibilities are also back.

Somehow, I feel like that's where God is taking me now. I've been away, and now that I'm trying to find my way back, He's welcoming me with promises and reminding me of my status as LOVED. And then slowly reminding me of how I should be. Fathers are not just all lovey-dovey, they're also disciplinarians.

Above all these though? I'd say this Saint, is REALLY, REALLY LOVED! <3

No comments: