Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"It's one of THOSE days."

These were the words I saw on Facebook the moment I went online:
it's those "I want to lock myself in my room" days

It's by a friend, I don't think I have the authority to share what she's going through, but one thing's for sure -- she's not the only one.

I can't tell you what she's dealing with, but I know one thing: it's one of those things that you just don't want to face. Locking yourself up in your room sounds really, REALLY tempting.

I've had my share of things I don't want to deal with, not that I can't, I just don't THINK I can. God promised us victory in Jesus Christ -- victory from everything! By His love, we are more than conquerors. But sometimes things just SEEM to be bigger than us, it's easy to forget how BIGGER our God is.

It got me thinking, maybe it actually is the right thing to do -- TO LOCK YOURSELF UP IN YOUR ROOM.

Our power, our strength, and our victory comes from Jesus Christ. We are useless on our own, only through Him are we capable of great things -- only through Him can we win over our sinful nature. So to win this battle, we have to be ON OUR KNEES. Jesus said:
"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." (Matthew 6:6)

We are SAINTS; when saints lock themselves up in their rooms, it's to seclude themselves from the world -- from all its distractions -- and focus on God, on Him alone. In solitude and silence, we focus on Him, seek Him solely. The world is a noisy place, everyone has their own opinion; in moments of anguish, it's often overwhelming to deal with a lot of voices.

Yes, we should lock ourselves up in our rooms -- spend time in solitude praying and communing with God. He won't leave us nor forsake us, He will always be there. He's always ready to console, to guide, and to give answers -- but it's hard to listen to Him when we're distracted by the world.

I've had the song "We Are United" on replay on my iPod, and this line always sticks out: "We fight our battles on our knees." At first, I really liked that -- until today. Now? I say "We WIN our battles on our knees."

Go ahead, go to your room, and pray. He's just waiting for you to come away and spend time with Him.
"He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God'" Psalms 46:10


Still -- Hillsongs United

No comments: