Friday, February 3, 2012

Saintly Identity

This song has become my new prayer: "Lord, remind me again and again WHO I NOW AM."

Remind Me Who I Am (Jason Gray)

I just realized, I've been overplaying the "prodigal" part of my being a prodigal saint. What happened to the "saint" part?

Today, God reminded me saying:
"Hey, aren't you supposed to be my Child? The prodigal son only had to come home once -- and that's because he only left home ONCE. Didn't you know that if anyone is in Me, he is a NEW creation. The old has gone, the new has come. Son, you're not who you were anymore. You're mine now. You've come home now. Start living as My son. You have to stop living like the wandering lost kid that you were, you're back with Me now."

Sure, I've made the choice to follow Him. I've always been saying that I would be letting go, that I would be obeying Him. But I realized, I haven't been acting out what I've been saying. I feel so stupid right now. Imagine living in my Dad's mansion and still acting like that homeless fool who left home years ago!

Nothing else matters if I lose my Christ-centered identity -- I am nothing if not His son. My status as his beloved saint is what I should be holding onto now.

You only have to let go of the world ONCE and follow Him.

However, the choice to obey His every command, still has to be done daily. The prodigal son only had to make the choice of coming home ONCE; after that, he lived as a son in his father's house -- and we all know what living with our parents entail.

So to all you saints out there, make the CHOICE of coming back to the Father. He'll take it from there. :) His love is far greater than all our worries and doubts combined, and that's all we have to hold on to.

No comments: